A Child's Chant

The poem---'A Child's Chant'


I love chocolates

A lot, a lot;

But chocolate lava

Is hot, too hot.


Ice creams attract

Me the most;

In cotton candy

I do boast.


Life feels easy

And too simple;

Days are happy

With my dimples.


I've lost one tooth

As I grow up;

The tooth fairy

A lot I love.


I love to play

With all my pals;

We sing each day;

No rehearsals...


Look at those trees

Who sway their heads;

The nice cool breeze

Can't shake my braids.


The sky does smile

To see our cheer;

The rivers glide

And us endear.


We need to help

Our friends in need;

We play with all;

We're human indeed.


We become, sometimes,

A little naughty;

Our elders scold us

If we are haughty.


We need to learn

All to respect;

We learn with heart

Life's every aspect.


Rich or poor,

We all are friends;

Such friendship

Never, never ends.


We read, we write,

Learn with our mind;

We shape the future;

We should be kind.


We all thank God

When the day does end;

We obey our parents;

We love each friend.


We ate humans,

With every duty;

We reflect all

Juvenile beauty.



You may like to read all my blogs:

 

https://mirandamemmi.blogspot.com/

https://somalimukherjee.blogspot.com

https://childrenblogbysomali.blogspot.com/

https://essaysofvariety.blogspot.com/

https://somaliomnibus.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Responsible Citizen

"Sharing is Caring": a Letter

Patriotism