Who’s Mightier? (Part 2)


          The tree exclaimed in utter surprise, “Safer! So, you suppose that you are even safer than I? Did you not notice that none of the people dared to pluck me by the roots? Nobody can even dare to make me bow my head.”

          Thus, the large tree kept on boasting. On the contrary, the little plant was silent.

          The little plant mumbled, “Still, I must say that I am happy with what I am. I remain silent and that is my power.”

          Then one evening, time was no more favourable for anyone; nor was the atmosphere. Both the tree and the plant were tropical. That is to say, after a scorching day, there is a heavy rain with a howling storm most of the times.

          Anyway, in that very evening, a gigantic storm came into being. There was the roaring of the wind; there was the howling of the storm and a heavy rain.

          Unfortunately, most of the large trees got uprooted in the violent storm. The tiny plant did not break, though it tossed and turned.

          After the storm had stopped, after the heavy rain was over, there was no trace of the tall, boasting and mighty tree. Nevertheless, the tiny plant was still there tossing its head in happiness, in the breeze and in a sprightly dance.

                                                          [Retold the story The Mighty Tree]

 

Moral: Pride hath its fall. / Speech is silver; silence is golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Prattlers

Rumpelstiltskin, the Dwarf (Part -- II)

A Letter about Ice Creams