Bravery





The story-- "Henry, the Mouse"


“Be brave, at first. Then you will surely succeed. Remember, the brave alone deserves the fair.”

 

Henry was a little mouse. He lived happily with his parents.

However, he never went in search for food. He was growing up day by day. Still, he used to feel fearful of cats.

Thus, one day, his father went to search food for the family. His mother was, them doing the household works. Anyway, Henry was reading a storybook.

It became evening, but his father was not returning yet. They became extremely worried.

His mother knew Henry’s fear. Therefore, she went out to look for him.

Time elapsed but she was missing as well. This made Henry even more anxious.

He thought, “Should I go out? I feel too scared of the giant cat. Still, I can’t live without my parents.”

He made up his mind. He went out to search for his parents. He found them near the giant cat.

His father yelled, “Henry, don’t come here. He will grab you too.”

Then Henry was enlightened. He thought, “My father loves me so much that he is ready to die for me also. Why can’t I fight for them, then?”

He hit upon a plan. He began pushing the little trap to the tail of the cat. The cat’s tail was wriggling about. No sooner had he kept the trap near the cat’s tail than the cat shouted in utmost pain.

The mother and the father mouse ran away with Henry. Thus, Henry became brave in the wink of an eye. He conquered fear ultimately in this way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Prattlers

Rumpelstiltskin, the Dwarf (Part -- II)

A Letter about Ice Creams