The Golden Touch (Part 2)

 


The King noticed that the old man was still there looking at him. At the outset, King Midas felt afraid of him because of the man’s weird glance. The King spoke to himself, “Well, I will fear no more. I will go forward.”

Thus, after speaking to himself for a short while, the King went under the shade of that large tree. The old man stood up after viewing the King. Indeed, the old man was none other than the Greek god Dionysus himself. The King was unaware of the fact.

Then that man told the King, “Could you please give me shelter for a few days? I have lost my way, Your Highness!”

“I beg your pardon. But how did you know that I am the King?”

“Oh! I found you in royal robes and became certain that you are none other than the King. Did my hair become grey without any reason?” said the old man.

After exchanging a few more words with each other, King Midas agreed to give him shelter.

The old man replied, “Your Majesty, I thank you endlessly.”

Thus, King Midas welcomed the old man to the royal palace. Moreover, the royal family, the minister and the subjects took care of the man. The old man was taken care for about ten days.

                                                            [Retold the story of The Midas Touch]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Prattlers

Rumpelstiltskin, the Dwarf (Part -- II)

A Letter about Ice Creams