The Golden Touch (Final Part)

 


Thereafter, while sitting on the throne, he wandered what to do. Right then, his daughter came to hug him.

The Princess said to the King, “Father! My dear father!”

Then Midas replied, “No, never do you come to me, my love!”

The little Princess, without paying any heed to her father’s words, suddenly hugged her father; he then touched to push her away, and she turned into a golden statue.

This was too much for the King to bear. He wondered how to make everything alright again.

Then King Midas went to Dionysus in a rush and begged, “O, forgive me for my sin, for my greed and everything. I don’t want gold at all. I have learnt my lessons. Please give me the remedy to bring everything back to life once again.”

Thereafter, Dionysus smiled and said, “Go and collect some holy water from the river Pactolus. Then sprinkle it over everything that had turned into gold.”

Midas followed Dionysus’ words thoroughly. Everything came to life very soon. Once again, there was life everywhere. King Midas learnt his lessons. He was no longer greedy for gold.

                                                          [Retold the story of The Midas Touch]

Moral: Grasp all, lose all. / Greed leads to sin, sin to death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Prattlers

Rumpelstiltskin, the Dwarf (Part -- II)

A Letter about Ice Creams