Rumpelstiltskin, the Dwarf (Part -- III)

 


Once again, that dwarf appeared that night to help the girl spin gold out of straw. This time she promised him, “I will give you my ring instead.”

Again, the King grew greedier and greedier. He decided to place the girl in another room. He told her to complete another round of spinning.

The dwarf appeared once again. This time, he said, “This time you’ll have to give me your first child. You will become the Queen.” The innocent girl was certain that the King would never marry her. Hence, she promised the dwarf without any hesitation.

With the passage of time, the King decided to marry her. Thus, the poor miller’s daughter became the Queen.

Some months later, she gave birth to a baby boy. Then, one night, the dwarf appeared to her asking her first child.

Anyway, the Queen begged him not to take her child away. The dwarf agreed on a condition, “If you can tell my name correctly, I will leave the child, for sure. But you are given three days only. You must tell me my name correctly; else, I will take the child away.” Then he disappeared.

The Queen sent her messengers everywhere to find out the dwarf’s name. Unfortunately, two days passed, but there was nothing positive at all.

Then on the last day, one of her messengers returned and said, “We’ve found a man who looks strange. He was dancing in front of a tree.”

The Queen asked, “Then?”

Then the messengers told her that the strange man singing loudly, “Though now I brew, I bake, / Tomorrow the Queen’s firstborn will I take. / Nobody knows, none can imagine, /That my name is Rumpelstiltskin!”

Then the Queen became very happy. Then when the dwarf appeared on the third night, she started off with a few names like Tom, Benjamin, Edward, etc. The dwarf then felt more and more joyous.

Finally, the Queen told him, “It is Rumpelstiltskin.”

In extreme anger, the dwarf grew red and screamed, “How did you? How? How? How?” Thereafter, he disappeared from the palace. He was not seen anymore.

                                                [Retold the story Rumpelstiltskin]

 Moral: Innocence is rewarded in the long run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Prattlers

Rumpelstiltskin, the Dwarf (Part -- II)

A Letter about Ice Creams